Monday, July 8, 2013

Ferret Madonna

The Magic Box  is an on-line class that I sighed up for though Oatley Academy.  

This is the second part of the Fancy Animals, Lesson #2 
I've worked on this painting off and on for about 8-9 days.  I had a blast, and learned tones. 

 Still, I have to admit they were some rough spots that I just couldn't quite work out.  I think that  part of it was a poor drawing of the hand, as I was uncommitted on whether to give it a human like hand or a real ferret paw, and the angle of the hand to the pup ferret' chin.  
Downloading this pictures on this blog makes me realize how much more intense the colors appear compared to when I was working on Photoshop. 
I'm not a fan of the clothes, but fortunately  a lesson on clothing will soon fallow.

One of my favorite thing about taking this class, Magic Box, at Oatley Academy is the camaraderie from students all over the world, through constructive criticism and encouragement. Not only are we learning AWESOME stuff  from our instructor, Chris Oatley, but also from one another. 

If you are interested learning more about Oatley Academy, go to http://chrisoatley.com/