Thursday, February 14, 2013

Playing with Layers


Last night I couldn't go to sleep, so I began a random sketch of a women with a hat on my IPad. 

I imported the sketch into ArtStudio app, and began painting it in B+W. I then began painting the sketch in color on a  new transparent layer.
  I also added four more layers, white,  red, yellow, and blue, so  in all I was working with six individual layers
. Lastly, I scrolled through the blending mode, focusing on one particular layer or an other to get a verity of moods for the same painting.  
To me, each of the Monique illustrations suggest the possibility of a different scenario in some kind of story.  

Monique 1
digital sketch



Monique 2
digital illustration

Monique 3
digital illustration

Monique 4
digital illustration

Monique 5
digital illustration

Monique 6
digital illustration

Monique 7
digital illustration

Monique 8
digital illustration

Monique 9
digital illustration

Monique 10
digital illustrati
Monique 11
digital illustration



I'd love to found out which Monique is or are your favorites, and what role, do you imagine her to play?

Here are my choices:
Actually, I have two favorites:      #3  Monique, the Transcontinental Traveler.
                                                # 11 Monique, the Missionary
A close second is                      # 2   Monique in Love