Friday, February 10, 2012

REBUILDING MY WEBSITE




 After organizing my studio, (and yes I'm  happy to report that so far I've kept it up, but had to banished Brutus until he's house broken), I was ready to face my next goal: re-building my new website, and put it up as soon as possible.  I was bracing myself for what I thought would be a real challenge.
 

What I wanted was a simple, easy, to use website to feature my art work.

I found that using B Blogger made it extremely easy to edit, add, or delete things. However, I want to thank  Katrina from PuglypiXel  for her tutorial  on how to create a bare bone website through BBlogger.  Go to her site and type in   Create a Static Website with Blogger 
Her tutorial is very clear, and informative, and thanks to her, I can personally build my own website for just the cost of my domain name.  



"So what happened to the last one?" you may ask.

 I had a website/blog through WordPress.org, shortly before I took a sabbatical from the art community. When it was time to renew my account, because if my complacency, my contract had expired.  I wish that I had started this blog earlier, to allow transferring my old one to this one, before abandoning it. By the time the holidays arrived, I began thinking of re-building my art website, and renewing my contact with the art community.  Unfortunately, it wasn't the right timing. Though we are empty nesters we had a constant flow of people until the first week in January. It wasn't until Mid January that I decided to get serious, build the website, linking this blog to it, and get it up and running.


If you're thinking of building your own website

If you have the time, I would  highly encourage it. I will continue to modify mine, as it reflects the changes in my art work. But that's the beauty of it, you are not dependent on anyone, and can change it at any given time.


Now, I would like to invite you to browse through my website;


ANNE FRAKER







click the WEBSITE box on top of the page, or go to www.annefraker.com .  
Feel free to share your opinions.